Saturday, September 4, 2010

24 and My Sons

I have become a bit addicted to the show "24". And by "a bit", I mean that on the nights that I can't sleep, I can end up watching an entire season on Netflix! I LOVE the show.

I have begun to wonder why I love it so much when it's really deep and a bit depressing and creates a knot in the pit of my stomach wondering how it's all going to turn out. But today, as I began watching the third episode of season 6, it dawned on me! .... I love the man that Jack Bauer is! I love that he is patriotic. I love that he is courageous. I love that he loves his daughter (and loved his wife before she died). I love that his word is his bond and everyone who works with him for more than a minute, knows it.

In short he is full of integrity. Oh...he is not perfect by any means! But he is a man of integrity.

Ben and I say that word a lot in our home. We say it to our boys. We want them to be men of integrity. We want their word to be their bond. We want them to be courageous, even in the face of fear. We want them to be patriotic and serve their country.

So...I will continue to watch 24 and LOVE it!

No comments: