Monday, March 7, 2011

Thin Veil

I've probably written this before, but I need to say it again. Years ago, Ben and I were given an opportunity to go to Gettysburg and attend a leadership conference. The big part of the conference was going to all the battlefields there and re-living, in a sense, the things that took place. It was an amazing time and one I will never forget! Our first night there, we began at a small field near our hotel and listened to the speaker talk about different things. One thing he said has stuck with me. He said that he always thought of Gettysburg as a "thin veil"....meaning that it seemed as though the events in history and God's hand were only a thin veil away...as to almost be able to see it happening.

As we got back home, things began happening in our church at the time where I felt the same there. Aslan was on the move and God was working mightily. Prayers were being answered seemingly right in front of our eyes. Lives were being changed. I was privileged to be a tiny part of the whole thing. I said then that I felt as though our church was a "thin veil".

Well...it's happening again. The church we are in now is moving! Not in the physical sense, but spiritually. Things are happening and God is very present. Once again, I am feeling the "thin veil" and I am overwhelmed by the way God works. I am in awe!

No comments: