Friday, June 18, 2010

The Tongue!

Ben and I were driving to pick up the girls from camp the other day. While on drives like that I usually ask Ben a lot of questions...you know, like "What is your favorite memory as a child?"

This trip, Ben turned the tables and asked me a question: If you could, would you go back and change anything from your past?

I did answer one thing, and then it dawned on me....every single one of the other things that came to mind involved issues with my tongue! Things I had said that I dearly wish I hadn't...things that hurt others...things that were an attempt to make myself look better....oh dear! just the thought of them all turns my stomach and makes me sad.

God is working on me still! I can look back and see how far I've come and see that I have improved, by the grace of God...but it remains and will probably always remain a struggle and a weak area. I will continue to strive to the standard that God has set for me.

No comments: