Monday, October 19, 2009

Huge Blessing!

I was convicted at a women's talk I recently went to, to begin memorizing large portions of Scripture. What a blessing this has been for me! I have found that God has honored this for me in two ways:

1. He has helped me to memorize easily...which isn't always the case.
2. He has brought these Scriptures to mind time and time again as I go through my day or in different situations where I might be able to help others.

So far, I have worked on John 1 and Ephesians 6 and tomorrow I begin a third large passage. I have been immensely blessed by this and challenge you to receive some great blessings by doing the same thing! Let's memorize Scripture together and really get God's Word in our hearts.

What will you do when the day comes that our Bibles are taken away from us (and it HAS happened in the past and currently in other places) and we are left without our ability to pull it off the shelf to reference?

2 comments:

Nitzia said...

good for you Lisa!! i have to do the same thing, i have been very lazy about it but there is no excuse anymore, thanks for the encouragement!

Melissa said...

I agree with Nitzia, thanks for the encouragement. I've been trying to memorize parts of Daniel for our Beth Moore Study....I'm thinking I need some more notecards!