Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I've Done it Again--Not Good!

I have had a problem with my tongue in the past. It is why God took me out of the workforce, I know. Over the years, God has worked on me gently...sometimes I didn't get the gentle message, and I required stronger measures.

I have done pretty well with this issue and have seen how mightily God has invaded me by the lack of need for using my tongue viciously! He has done a great work in me. Praise God!

Today, I realized that I had fallen back into the familiar pattern of using my tongue too much and in the wrong manner. OUCH! The pain I am feeling at this moment after having God reveal this to me is almost too much to bear! How could I do this again? When will I really learn this? Why do I let Satan overcome me with such force? Why am I so weak?

So...I am human and not God. I am fallible and He is not. I am weak and He is strong. I am a sinner and He is perfect. But I am also seeing that He is with me working in me and through me and I know that even the depth of my sorrow at this failing is evidence of the Spirit in me.

Thank you God for loving me enough to continue working on me.

No comments: