Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I think I just had the smallest glimpse of Heaven.

I woke up a couple of nights ago, not able to go back to sleep.  I moved to the couch to see if that would help.  Nope.  My stomach began to rumble and before I knew it, I was in the bathroom, throwing up.  The rest of the evening was a repetitive cycle of not doing so great, not being able to be settled, throwing up, repeat.  The following day, the throwing up stopped, but the plain "ucks" continued.  I was only able to stay in bed, eat dry toast, and attempt to sleep.

It was obvious all day that this was not normal.  I was not supposed to be feeling this way.  Something was wrong.

Yesterday, I awoke feeling amazingly better!  I was rested, had energy, and was ready to begin living again.  All day long, I felt really good.  I was able to get things done around the house, play with the kids, and enjoy chatting with friends and family.

It dawned on me as the day ended that I had been given a glimpse of Heaven.  The angst and unsettled feeling from the day before is very similar to the way I feel living here on Earth.  This is not my home.  I am traveler, a visitor.  Yesterday, compared to the day before, was almost perfection. 

I am grateful for that perspective God has given me. 

No comments: