Monday, July 23, 2012

The Grace Awakening: Believing in grace is one thing. Living it is another.

I haven't been accused of encouraging licentious behavior....and that bothers me! 

What?, you are asking.  Ben read the book Grace Awakening by Chuck Swindoll for one of his seminary classes.  He was so effected by that book, that he suggested that I read it.  Well, I did.  And it has had a profound effect on me.  So much so, that the day after I finished reading it for the first time, I started reading it again.

Part of what the author states is that if you, or your church, have not been accused of encouraging licentious behavior, then you are not preaching grace.  I love the idea that I have been given so very much grace that I should be doing all I can to spread that grace to others! 

I want to be that kind of person!  I want to share the grace I have been given.  I want to ooze out grace in every word I say, in every action I take, in every thought I think.

No comments: