Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!

I have looked on my calendar and, if my calculations are correct, then we have 13 weeks until Christmas. Each year, I try to make the holidays less harried and more focused on the reason we even celebrate. My major thing to do most years was shop all year long, so by November, that part was done. But I have always still felt crazy as Christmas drew near with so many other things that have to be done.

So this year I am making a plan! Each week, starting this week, I am doing something intentional to prepare for Christmas. It won't be major or huge things, usually, but I know I will feel the benefits later.

This week's action item: make several kinds of cookie dough and put in the freezer. That way, I have the dough made and can always make a fresh plate of cookies for the family or neighbors, or events that I need to bring treats. I made sugar cookie dough yesterday and today I am making chocolate chip, ginger snap, white chocolate macadamia nut, and a biscotti dough.

I'll keep you posted on what I will produce next week.

Christmas is my favorite time of year and I really want to enjoy every minute of it! I don't want to feel the chaos, craziness, and frustration of past years. I just want to enjoy the fact that my Savior was born!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a great idea to help with the stress level at Christmas! I need to know your ideas in advance so I can follow suit!

Melissa said...

Christmas is our favorite time too! Let me know how the cookie dough comes out, I may try to do that also! Every year I try to make homemade Christmas gifts for at least 1 person in the family. I'm about done. Now for the shopping...Luke's family is done but mine is always SO hard to buy for!!!

amy said...

I'm impressed with your thinking ahead and organization. How have you not been tempted to just go ahead and bake those cookies? :) Seriously, how much dough did you eat? lol You'll be SOOO glad you did this when Christmas comes around.

Nitzia said...

thanks for sharing this great idea! I think I'll start doing th4e same since we have a baby on the way and around Cristmas time i'll not be able to do much.... so this will help me to get as many things done!