Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Information Overload!

We had our appointment today with the diabetes educator. Oh my goodness! Just when I think that I have the info I already have pretty much down, we get hit with more! So today's discussion was all about what to do with extreme highs and lows in Darby's blood sugar.

What we discovered was that any little thing going on in her body, will cause her blood sugar to pretty much go sky high! The onset of puberty, sickness, stress, etc...all effects her drastically.

We all just walked out of the appt. with a glazed look on our faces, trying to digest everything we have just heard. I know that God has a plan for Darby and that this diabetes is in the plan. I have to keep reminding myself of that, placing all my cares on Him.

I want the best for my kids, and I know that anything in God's plan is the best, but not necessarily the easiest or the most fun! Sometimes I mix those up and what I am really asking for is an easy life. I know, though, that the things we most value are what we have to work hardest for, so...Darby's life will be of utmost value to her, hopefully, because she is going to have to work diligently to keep things normal. I pray that God speaks to her during this time and that she realizes just what He is wanting from her.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Bless your heart! Trust me, it will get easier for you guys to understand the diabetes. Darby will also begin to realize when she needs to eat and what she needs to eat. Aren't we thankful for glucometers? God is using Darby in a mighty way...even if we can't tell what it is right now. I'm sure you guys are having a positive affect on the doctors with your wonderful outlook on diabetes. It'll get easier, I promise!!!