Wednesday, October 1, 2008

12 Weeks Til Christmas!

12 weeks until Christmas and so far I have stuck by my plan to be prepared! OK, so it's only been one week, but hey, it's a start!!!

Last week I made cookie dough and put them in the freezer...chocolate chip, sugar, white chocolate macadamia nut, and biscotti. I did not make all I wanted to make, so I am finishing up this week...more chocolate chip, ginger snap, and maybe one more. The real task for this week is to decide upon the gifts for all the extraordinary people in our lives...AWANA leaders, SS teachers, homeschool teachers, etc...you get the idea. So I have decided upon a couple of things, I think.

I like making the jar gifts where you have all the dry ingredients for something like brownies, soup, cookies, etc. I also want to make chocolate covered pretzel sticks. You know, the big, thick sticks. You cover most of the stick in chocolate and then roll them in nuts, sprinkles, etc.

I have purchased most of the things needed for these gifts! I really feel like I am going to be better prepared for Christmas than I ever have! Tell me what you are doing...what are your ideas? I could use all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am working on a few embroidery projects for gifts. I also like to include something homemade for everyone. We'll see about that. I am doing the "jar" thing as well for Luke's family. Excpet I think I'm going to put all the ingredients (minus Milk 8) in these jars for an Eclair Cake. They love that recipe!

Jill said...

I'm so impressed first of all....and that's all I've done.