Friday, October 10, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Two of my kids said things today that made me smile...one was more of a grimace, wince, but a deep down chuckle...the other was a broad smile that made me thrilled to be a mom!

The grimace-like smile first...picture this-after eating dinner outside, I am over at the swing set pushing two boys on the swings...Darby is inside putting the dishes in the dishwasher and out runs Kally yelling, "Darby is doing her chores and we are out playing on the playscape! I love this world!" Now the question is: where have I gone wrong that one of my kids gets really excited at the sight of one of her siblings working diligently, while she has nothing to do but swing?!

Now for the proud-moment smile...we were at co-op today and Rainey's class, made up of 4-5 year olds, was studying the fruits of the spirit. They made cookies and delivered them to various older classes to demonstrate kindness. Rainey delivered his cookies and then told his teacher, "That makes me a little bit happy because I like doing good things for other people." Now how awesome is that? Just hearing that made me a little bit happy too!

No comments: