Friday, October 3, 2008

God is Good...All the Time!

I have been involved in a Bible study called Lies Women Believe and we met last night. We get to meet every two weeks and though it seems like forever until we get to meet again, I love the amount of time so that I can actually get my lesson completed to my satisfaction and have time to meditate upon the lesson and what God is teaching me.

We met last night.

The subject was on the lie that God isn't always good. You know how the world thinks about it...and sadly many Christ followers...if God is so good, then why does ______happen? Fill in the blank with whatever disaster, hard time, catastrophe you want.

The truth is the God is good all the time! I do mean ALL THE TIME!!!

We have been the recipients of so many blessings in our lifetime, but our family has experienced an abnormally large amount of blessings within the last two months. Why? I don't know. But I do know that God is good all the time. So you say..."easy for you to say that when you have been getting so many blessings. What about me? Everything is going wrong in my life!"

I still say that God is good all the time. And so should you. Are you able to look around and find others worse off than you are? Do you live in America? Do you have freedoms that other countries don't have? Do you have enough food in your pantry to cover not only today's meals, but tomorrow's as well? When you flip a switch does a light come on?

If you feel like you are a modern day Job, try this trick. Take a poster board and write Blessings on the top of it. Every day write down EVERY blessing you can think of for that day. Every meal, every Sonic drink purchased, every bill that got paid, every laugh you heard your child utter...you get the point. You will so quickly fill up that board and you won't be able to not smile when you see how your Heavenly Father loves you and takes care of your every need. Pretty soon you, too, will be saying God is Good All the Time!

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

My mother-in-law bought this book for me a couple of years ago. When i opened it at Christmas time I laughed cause I thought it was probably about the lies we believe about our image and self worth. But after reading the book, I loved it and realized why she bought it for me and her other daughter-in-law. That's great that you're doing a study from this book.