Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Tale of Two Lives




The weather yesterday was amazing! The sun was shining and there was not one cloud anywhere in view. I like days like that! I know that God has placed me in the south for that very purpose. I couldn't live where weather like that was not the norm. At least at this point in my life, I couldn't. So it was a perfect day for our air conditioner to go kaput and make it so that we had to
open up the house! It was beautiful!


As the afternoon wore on, I noticed a pattern in my home that made me laugh. The kids were all in the backyard and

scattered throughout the living room just hanging out enjoying the great day. There were smiles and laughs, running races, and how-high-can-you-swing contests.

There was reading by older kids to the youngers and everyone savoring the moment.

Then I realized that one was missing...Ben! He was out in the front yard, having just mowed, weed-eated (is that a word?), and fertilized. He was sweating and thirsty and cleaning up the mess in the yard by washing it away. He didn't seem to have the same living-for-the-moment mentality as the rest of us.



I was glad to be on the back side of the house and not on the front side! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love having my windows open too! It just makes the house feel cleaner! Poor Ben doing yardwork...but if he's like Luke he doesn't mind it every now and then!