Friday, January 8, 2010

ABC God Game

While in my quiet time this morning, my mind really started to wander. I tried to focus....to no avail. Don't really know why that happened today, but I did something about it. A trick I had learned years ago and had forgotten until God brought it back to mind this morning.

I closed my Bible and started to praise God with the ABC's. What? You are saying to yourself. Well...here's how it works:

I go down the list of the alphabet and start saying words that describe God and continue through the whole alphabet!

Pretty easy, but by the time you get to "Z", you are in the right frame of mind again....focused on God and who He is and off of me and what I want!

Try it sometime when you either hear yourself asking for a lot of things or, like me this morning, find that your mind is wandering. It works!

1 comment:

Esquire's Wife said...

I have never heard of that! Thanks for sharing! Outside of quiet time, it would be a great post to list the names/attributes you came up with, or to have your kids make a list! Mine are a little too young for that still, but someday...