Tuesday, January 26, 2010

God's Encouragement

You wonder sometimes if what you are doing is making a difference. You wonder if the way you are living your life is helping others. You wonder if you are being an effective witness for Christ. (or is it only me?)

God has been so gracious the last couple of days to reward me...not that I am so worthy of rewarding...but He has done it anyway.

A few days ago, I received the sweetest and most humbling phone call from a sweet gal in Little Rock. She said some uber kind things to me about how the way I have lived my life has impacted her and helped her. Tears came to my eyes as God made me realize that what I do does make a difference! The little things do matter....and might not be so "little" after all. Of course, there is a bit of fear that sets in when you realize that it does make a difference and that the "little" things really do matter! That people really are watching....

Not long after that, I received a sweet email from someone else encouraging me and thanking me for what I am doing. Humbling....lovely....and again, fear-instilling!

The awesome thing is that God knew I was needing a bit of encouragement and provided it at just the right moment. He used two women whom I love to show me His love for me. I want to strive, with God's help, to continue to be that person who lives for Christ...who loves God and serves others...and who along the way, makes life better for other people.

No comments: