Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Surprise Friend

I have a surprise friend.

What is a surprise friend? Well...it's a surprise to me that we are friends AND she surprises me with phone calls periodically for the sole purpose of making me feel better!

She called yesterday out of the blue just to tell me that she heard some story on the radio that reminded her of me! She always has a laugh in her voice! She makes me feel better each time I speak to her. I've never heard her down about anything, and she has had things to feel down about! She inspires me to be a better person.

Why is it a surprise that we are friends? Well...I am probably technically old enough to be her mother! (ok...it would have had to have been a big surprise baby for me...but still...) I am probably supposed to be mentoring her, but the truth is that she mentors me. We really are so different.

Thank you friend...sorry I couldn't talk longer.

I hope that all of you have a surprise friend too! They are the best kind!

No comments: