Tuesday, November 11, 2008

As I was looking back at a few of my much earlier posts, I realized that I was in a difficult spot having just moved here, wanting to move here, but wanting to stay back in Little Rock also! I was torn in two. I have felt that since the move, but last night I realized that I am becoming more and more entrenched here! How did God sneak up on me like that?

I tend to believe that if my life is not working in some sort of three-ring circus type atmosphere, then what's the point in living? I love getting involved, being part of things, and feeling like I am contributing...as much as any left-handed, scatterbrained person can contribute anyway.

So, I now realize that the moment we got here, God has been getting me involved and filling this need of mine...sneaky, sneaky...

I was asked to join a Bible study even before we actually moved and it started within days of our arrival...about 18 women, some I had known and others new (I suppose that was God's sneaky way of beginning to provide friends for me .... hmmm...).

Then our homeschool co-op started and there were more people to meet, begin to grow to love, and laugh with. Friends for my kids, and support for me.

Church...we found one! Many of the same people from Bible study and co-op and spiritual food as well.

Then came the two things that really made me realize that I was getting deeper and deeper...Ben and I were asked to teach a Sunday school class similar to what we did back in Little Rock-young married couples..we love that! Then I received an email asking me to consider being the co-director of the co-op next semester. So, of course, I said yes! It feeds directly into my need to be needed, and maybe wield a bit of power at the same time! (OK...I don't know where that power thing came from, maybe a freudian slip?)

Back to last night...I was at a meeting for the co-op and the director and I were there along with several other women. (there are 75 families involved in this co-op) At one point I looked around the room and BAM! it hit me...God has been answering my prayers all along!

He sure is good at this shock and awe attack of the blessings!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I would agree with you on that one! God does sneak things up on us huh! And yes, I am really REALLY trying to learn gratitude and that it's ok to depend on others for things I need help on. The patience thing...well we'll see! Maybe by December! LOL!!! Miss you but I'm so glad you are finding your spot in Texas!