Friday, November 7, 2008

Who Are You Sucking Down With You?

Do you ever wonder what God is up to? Does it ever baffle you as to what God allows in our lives?

These are the questions that I ponder normally and lately even more so. I am burdened for people I know, pondering the effects and devastation of sin in our lives, and, in some cases, encouraged to see friends run to Christ as their only hope.

I don't know why lately God has allowed four situations to occur. "Why?" has been on my lips a lot recently, yet knowing that, as God told Job, I was not there at the foundation of the world. Who am I?

Two of the situations involve our personal sinful natures. Ben and I have told our kids forever that we don't sin in a vacuum and these two things have been the epitome of that very concept! People have been hurt, relationships broken, trust gone, love lost. I am so sad for all the people involved...the sinners and the ones sucked into it, the innocents.

The other two situations involve more of the innocents and the results of larger, corporate decisions, which also happen to be sinful. The effects of these decisions are so devastating to so many! The fall out is enormous! The ripples left behind when the "stone" was thrown have yet to settle.

I know we live in a sinful world, but I am blissfully unaware of so many things that happen in day-to-day life. I say "blissfully" in the most wonderful definition of the word. There is a joy in not seeing such ramifications often! God is really showing me, once again, the lesson about sinning. We don't sin in a vacuum, and we always suck innocent people in with us. How sad that is.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is very true! I'm reading a book by karen kingsbury called Oceans apart. It's really good...the story makes you realize how one mistake affects many lives. That is a great thing to be aware of in this world for sure! Makes you think twice sometimes!