Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Picture this: my family is seated in the living room, not seated really...but lounging, lying down, slouched, you get the idea. I began reading what we are reading as a family right now: The Tale of Desperaux. I am reading and they are all listening. It's one of those Dickens-type moments.

The story ends for tonight and everyone hangs around for a bit. This is where the "funny" happens. Two kids are playing the Nintendo DS and another one is playing a game on my cell phone. Another one is watching a dvd in close by. I am watching these kids with so much technology at their fingertips and then it happens! One child says, "Hey! Why did the chicken cross the road?"

The answers go something like this, while still playing the tech toys, never looking up!:

"Because his friend was over there!" "No, that's not why."
"Because he is goofy!" "No, that's not why."
"So why did the chicken cross the road, then?"
"Do you really want to know why the chicken crossed the road?"
"YES!"
"To get to the other side!"

Complete hysterics break out! Laughing, smiling, groans...! Funny that with all that modern day stuff in their hands, and they still got the biggest kick out of the chicken joke.

I'm resting easy that I know now that they still like the simple things!

No comments: