Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Gap Theory

I have recently been asked how Ben and I raise our kids so that they turn out the way they have, so far...fingers crossed, actually every part of my body is crossed...

So I have been pondering what we do and don't do that leads to the results we have gotten.

I could wax poetic about how much we love our kids...all true. :)
I could go on and on about how we listen intently to our kids and all they have to say to us...not always so true. :(
I could say it is all in the wrist..the discipline "wrist" I mean...partially true.
I could tell you it is in our total consistency 100% of the time...not even close to true.

So I guess I need to tell you it's all about God and how He has grace, mercy, and favor on us. How He has given us the raw materials for five awesome people.
How He has filled in each of our gaps (is anyone hearing Rocky talk about how "I have gaps and she has gaps and we fill each other's gaps"?).
How His love for us has extended down even to helping us raise our children even when we "miss" more than we "hit" in that "hit-and-miss" theory.

I must say, though, that we do our best and then that philosophical Rocky comes into play again with that ever-needed gap theory to fill our many shortfalls! And at the end of the day, I have to admit that we do have five of the best kids ever! Thanks be to God!

No comments: