Friday, February 19, 2010

My Small Faith

I have been praying for two dear friends! They both have different things that are going on in their lives. I have been privileged to have been asked to pray with and for them in these areas. I know that prayer is the most important, life-changing thing I can do....but I want to do more! I want to DO something?

Am I the only one who feels that way?

The things that are being prayed for are definitely in God's will...the Bible says so! These two things, though so very different from each other, are dear to God. I can point to specific verses that say how He feels about them.

So...in my limited human capability...it seems that He would jump right on these and fix them.

But in my bit of knowledge of God...I know that things are done in His timing.

aarrgghh! Am I the only one who feels this way?

So...in my small faith...I will keep praying for God to work His miracles in these two lives. I will keep praising Him even when I don't understand. And I will keep walking with my friends through this time waiting in anticipation to see the great things God has in store for them!

1 comment:

The Cornelisons said...

Sometimes I think this is one of the hardest challenges we as Christian women face. I am the same way, I want to fix it and it seems that praying just isn't enough sometimes because I am not physically DOING something. I struggle with this constantly - so I have no great answer but keep praying, that's all there is you can do truly. Especially when it is someone else's circumstances.