Friday, July 9, 2010

Warm Dip

Last night the Women's Ministry at our church had a UFO Night. UFO = UnFinished Object. So the idea was to bring anything you had been working on that you can't seem to finish and work on it at church and while there....eat some great snacks and meet some wonderful women. All in all, a bonding time for a couple of hours. It was great fun!

I brought some of the snacks and, though I have probably posted the recipe before, I thought I'd post this one again as so many gals loved it last night!

8 oz of each of the following:
sour cream
mayo (you may not sub Miracle Whip)
cream cheese
grated cheese
ham cut up

1 Hawaiian round bread hollowed out to a bowl.

Mix the things together (add a small can of diced chilies if you want it a bit spicier), and put it in the bread bowl. Wrap aluminum foil around the bread edges (as you might the crust of a pie) so that it doesn't burn. Place in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. We use Tostitos Scoops to eat it.

Enjoy! We sure do!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds yummy! What did you bring to finish?

Nitzia said...

i have always loved this dip you made here in our fellowships!! thanks for sharing the recipe :)

The Cornelisons said...

First of all - i love this idea of bringing something you haven't finished. I wouldn't even know which project to choose!! Secondly, I miss your warm dip :( (well maybe I miss you more, but I miss you coming to things and bringing your dip!)
And third, I took our blog private and I'm sad to say that when my computer crashed a few months ago I lost all e-mail contacts, I have no idea what your e-mail is to add you - send it to me at alisa@heathcott.com