Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jesus, You're My Firm Foundation

Home from Corpus Christi! It was great fun....had most of the kids with us...got to do a bit of Military Ministry work...best of both worlds!

Today we got up early and headed to the beach one last time before heading home. As I was standing there barefooted, feeling the sand under my feet it dawned on me that this could be a teachable moment...being the ever-on-the-lookout-homeschooling mom that I am! I talked to the kids about the old hymn:
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
As we stood there with our feet on the sand, as the water would come in, our feet would sink down into the sand. We shifted...we weren't where we started...there wasn't solid ground beneath our feet.
They got it! They now had that illustration for me to used over and over in the coming years. It also dawned on me that to stay on "solid" ground (or as solid as the sand is when the water hasn't come up in a bit...it seems a bit solid), I had constantly change my position. That's what so many people do who don't have their life built on the true solid rock of Jesus...they change their position constantly to appear solid! I don't want to do that! I want my position to be truly solid...formed on a firm foundation...I want the only changing I do to be because Jesus has shown me that my way was not His way. Jesus doesn't change...He is solid...He is firm.

No comments: