Wednesday, April 1, 2009

They Rise up and Call Me Blessed

Back almost 19 years ago, when I first became a mom, and with each baby after her...I would dream of what each child's strengths/weaknesses were, what he/she would look like later in life, the kind of person he/she would become.

I have discovered in the last couple of weeks, that many of those questions are being answered right before my eyes! It hit me that each of my children are displaying some sort of strength, talent, gifting. I have been humbled to see the hand of God working so clearly in my family within the heart of my children.

Bailey (who turns 19 next week! aahh!) displays many strengths (and a few weaknesses, but we won't focus on those here) and talents. She has a talent for interior design, color, space, etc...Her face completely lights up when she talks about the subject. She also loves working with children and while that started as working with younger children, she has developed a passion for working with middle school girls!

Darby (age 11) gets all excited thinking about her speech and debate abilities. She will join a club next year, and she is thrilled to use her thinking skills, logic, and speaking abilities in tournaments.

Kally (age 7) most certainly has a strength of being tenacious! She gets a goal in mind and keeps trying until she attains it! The most current goal is being on the swim team. She is one of the hardest workers I know.

Rainey (age 5) has been given a heart for homeless people. He collects money by doing good deeds to give to homeless people. Every prayer of his includes people who live on the train tracks, or for some reason don't have a home. I don't know where he got this, I can only assume that God has given him this love for others.

Rawley (age 3) is so funny and makes everyone happy. He lights up the room the minute he enters it. He enjoys making people laugh and we all do when he is around.

I've been a mom long enough to know that things change, but it struck me that all of my kids have strengths that can be used for the glory of God! It is clear to me that working with kids, oral speaking, being tenacious, having a heart for others, and being a positive person are all things right up God's alley! They are qualities that can be used easily for God's glory and purposes.

The Bible says that "they will rise up and call her blessed"...I surely am blessed! How are you blessed?

1 comment:

Nitzia said...

so sweet! it's amazing that Bailey will be 19 years old already....
Sara is already showing some glimpses of how she will be like, of course many of things like you said might change but it's so fun to see and wonder how they will be in the future:)