Friday, June 26, 2009

What a Way to Go

Being a child of the late 60's, 70's, and 80's, I was stunned when just a couple of days ago, Ed McMahon died, then yesterday Farrah Fawcett AND Michael Jackson. Three big names from my era. Ed McMahon was older and it just seemed more normal to hear of his passing. But Farrah and Michael...well, they were cases that seemed "before their time"...they were younger, not quite in that age group of "oh! It was their time to go."

Why when people die, do all the commentators and surrounding friends/groupies say things like "she's in a better place now" or "the angels just got a great one" or "he's with God"? The behaviors and lifestyles of these three didn't show any fruit of being Christ followers. They showed the "I did it my way" and "I lived life on my own terms" kinds of lifestyles...and with some of them, it ended up being what killed them.

When I die, I am truly going to be in the best place ever! I am going to have the best days of my whole life! I will be serving Jesus in a place of perfect joy, peace, where there is no tears or sadness, (I also hope that there is lots of sleeping, since that is part of my idea of a place of perfect peace--sleep!), but whatever it is, I am going to be perfectly happy with being there and my role in it! I wish I could say the same for the three recently deceased.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I totally agree with you. I wondered yesterday where those 3 are now. It really hits home when someone famous dies...that we need to live every moment for the Lord and for what really matters in life.

Nitzia said...

i know, we were talking about it last night at bunko.... we didn't think neither that they are in a better place like their friends say over and over..... so sad but true.

Anonymous said...

MELISSA WILLIAMS' MOM SAYS:
You know, Lisa, I've thought the same thing myself. Once their eyes closed here and opened THERE, I can only imagine their sorrow in doing it "their own way". I'm just thankful though that when I close mine here for the last time and open them again, I WILL be in the best place....WITH HIM!!!!!! It's just too bad for Mr. McMahon, Farrah and Michael....so sad but true. Deborah Lindley, Melissa Williams' momma