Thursday, December 30, 2010

Endurance & Patience

I love when I hear clearly from God! The leadership from our co-op has been asked to "go to the mountain" to seek and hear from God about all things co-op. Ideally, we are to spend 4 hours away with the Lord. I haven't been able to find or carve out a 4 hour block of time, so I am doing it in small chunks.

Today I did the first hour. I hate feeling like I am rushing God to speak to me, but I'm sure HE was able to see my need to honor the request to do this and yet the inability I have had to make it happen.....so HE spoke pretty quickly! What a blessing!

I was able to get some administrative details worked out on the calendar, but then I got to the big question I had been pondering for a couple of days.

Colossians 1:9-10 was what came to mind and made the impression on me for the answer from God. "....asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding...live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power....so that you may have great endurance & patience & joyfully giving thanks to the Father."

Having great endurance and patience....these are the words God spoke to show me the answer. Praise God that even in the midst of a rushed time schedule and a busy, noisy place (Panera at lunchtime), the God of the universe spoke clearly to my soul and gave me peace!

No comments: