Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Bro

Family is a funny thing. There are these people you live with....when you are little, they are people not of your choosing at all. Later, they are folks of your choosing (or making). Both ways, you have good days (so glad that they are yours!) and bad days (extra! extra! free family member!) Interesting though, I think.

I grew up with a fabulous family. But as I have gotten older, I have realized just how different I was in that group of folks. :) I would probably have searched for adoption papers if I didn't look almost exactly like my brother, who in turn, looks exactly like my mother!

My brother and I got along famously. Better than any other siblings I ever knew as a kid. I liked my brother and he genuinely liked me. What a blessing!

But honestly, would we have been friends if we weren't family? Who knows? Who cares really at this point...but I think that's how God works. He puts people together...calls them family...and then uses that relationship to make us more like Christ. We are family, no matter what!

Through the years, my brother and I have had our ups and downs in our relationship. I have always loved him and I know that he has always loved me too....but we might not have always liked each other. I can honestly say, that now, at this point in our lives, we really like each other again. What a blessing! He makes me laugh! He reminds me that he cares about me! I am proud to count him among my friends.

2 comments:

darby grace said...

:D

Steve Burgess said...

Sooooo then...who is this other brother and why haven't I ever met him? His "good guy routine" is really tarnishing my "I don't care" reputation