Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolved, Once Again

I am finding that I am allowing circumstances around me to dictate my moods lately. I hate when I do that. This time, I seem to be recognizing it earlier than I normally do, and I am nipping it in the bud instead of letting it get to full bloom.

There is a buzz around that something that I am really involved in and dearly love is going to be stopped.

I am trying to view this situation as I am most others in my life....living with my hands open. It might be that God has something else in mind, or somewhere else for this event to happen each week, and HE is removing it. It might be that HE is doing nothing with it, and I am being tested with my faith and my responses to things. Or it might be that the "in charge" folks don't understand this thing and are just wanting to scrub the whole thing.

So...not only has God reminded me of my desire to live with my hands open, but has also reminded me of: "Be anxious for nothing. But in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:6

and...

"....do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34

So, I resolve to keep my focus on JESUS and not on world events, knowing that the God who created the universe and also cares about the littlest details also cares about this thing too.

No comments: