Monday, July 21, 2008

Another recipe and various thoughts...

The recipe is for a great quick dessert that looks like you've really worked hard! They are cookie-esque treats called "palmiers".

You need:
one box of puff pastry sheets
cinnamon sugar mixture

Preheat oven to 400.
Thaw out the puff pastry sheets and roll them out until the lines from the folds in the package are mostly gone. (Just a couple of rolls with rolling pin) Sprinkle the cinn/sug mixture liberally over the whole rectangle. Fold the two sides in to the middle and then repeat with the mixture. Repeat the folding procedure and this time it will look more like a tube. Sprinkle the mixture again and then fold over. Cut from the ends of the tube in 1/4 inch slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes! They are amazing and look as though you are a trained French pastry chef.

So for my various thoughts....I started homeschooling my kids and I am so excited about this school year. I bought a curriculum that I can do with Rainey, Kally, and Darby. It is focusing on geography and praying for people groups all around the world. How awesome is that? I love starting early so that we can take off later and I know that we have already been working.

I was talking with someone the other day who isn't really for homeschooling and thinks that not everyone is cut out for it. I must say that I was getting a bit irrate, which I tried desperately to keep from her! Who is more "cut out" to teach my children than I am? Who loves them and wants the best for them than I do? Why would I give that sacred privilege to anyone else? I must say that Ben and I used to say that we homeschool a year at a time, but I think somewhere over the last 14 years of doing it, our thoughts have changed. We are doing this until God tells us He wants us to do something else.

Another various thought...God provided this cool square trampoline for our kids when we moved here and they are on it everyday! What a complete joy to watch them out jumping, flipping, and playing on there....the four little ones all go out there together and just play. Certainly warms my heart.

Last various thought...Ben is working from home and I had really been stressing about this because he tends not to like noise...(hello! we have five kids and homeschool! a bit noisy) and likes "his space". I had really been lifting that up, as well as several of my friends, and God has certainly answered! We have all gotten used to Ben being home, but not really home and he doesn't even seem to hear the noise. Isn't our God awesome?

1 comment:

Leslie Stephens said...

Hey Lisa, I am glad you have a blog. Now I can keep up with you. I am glad you are getting settled in. We can't wait to see you at camp.