Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's All in God's Timing...Not Mine

As of this minute, we own our new home here in San Antonio and our "vacation" home in Little Rock! Why a vacation home in Little Rock? It certainly isn't intentional...trust me...there isn't enough to do in LR to want to have an extra house.

Up until just today, I have been doing just fine with having two houses. Mostly because my husband, Ben, has been so great about it. His normal "MO" would be to worry, scheme, keep doing more...but he is walking so closely with God these days, that Ben knows that God has a plan, even if He hasn't chosen to share the whole thing with us yet.

Today, though, it has been bugging me a bit and making me wonder just what God's plan is. It has been so clear that we are to be here and that the move was just what we were supposed to do, but this one piece of the puzzle isn't falling into place...why?

Then it hit me...I am not the first person God has done this to...I actually fall into good company. Remember Sarah and the promise that she would have a child? She had the promise, but it was years before the promise became a reality. Then I thought of David. He had been annointed as king, but for years after that we could still find him being the youngest son, keeping his father's sheep. Then he is chased by Saul who wants to kill him. Certainly it would seem odd, to me at least, that he would be annointed king and then still have to live his normal life for so long.

When would the child come? When would he actually sit upon the throne? When will our house sell? God's ways our not ours...no truer words were ever spoken. But I have chosen to place my trust and faith in Jehovah, the one true God. He did give Sarah a baby, Isaac. He did place David on the throne. And he will sell our house!

No comments: