Saturday, July 26, 2008

What do a desk lamp and the letter "I" have to do with Jesus?

My husband and I were at a meeting this morning for a start-up ministry here in town. As part of the introduction to helping us see the need for ministering to veterans, we watched a short clip. The intro to the clip had the PIXAR symbol, the desk lamp, hopping over to the word PIXAR, and checking it out to see what it was. Interesting how a desk lamp can apparently exhibit emotions, but anyway...the lamp hops over and then jumps on the letter "I" and squashes it, and then, in effect, becomes the letter "I". I'm sure most of you have seen it.

Before the clip began, we were asked to see if there were any spiritual applications in the short movie. I saw this intro and immediately thought I knew what they were looking for...the lamp, representing the light of the world...Jesus...taking over "I" until you can no longer see me, but Jesus in me.

I was quite proud of myself until I realized that they were looking for spiritual applications in the actual clip! HA! There were several in that too...but I think what God was showing me, was exactly what He wanted me to see...in effect, He was saying, "Lisa, move aside and let me shine through you!"

So...I now have my marching orders....step aside! I want the only thing that people see when they see me is Jesus shining out at them.

1 comment:

Amber said...

We have really missed your shining faces! Everytime I go to church or a fellowhsip, I keep thinking I'll see your family for some reason! I'm so glad that you are close to family and are enjoying your ministry there! We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!