Friday, July 25, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas anyone?

I received this recipe from a friend of mine,Patty Marks, and loved it! After making it several times, I finally decided to add the Velveeta cheese to go with it. So, if you like it...thank Patty, if you don't...I'll take the blame. :)

1 chicken cooked and deboned
1 can evaporated milk (though in a pinch I have used any milk I have on hand)
1 onion finely chopped
1 stick of butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
1 can Rotel
20 flour tortillas

In a large pan, melt the butter and then add the onion. Cook until onions are clear. Add the soups, milk, Rotel, and the cheese. Stir often until smooth mixture. Add the chicken. Spray Pam in a 9x12 pan and then begin filling the tortillas. Spoon a small amount of the mixture into a tortilla and then roll up and place in the pan. Continue until pan is full or all 20 tortillas have been made. Pour the rest of the mixture over the tortillas covering them well. Cover the pan with foil (very important) and then cook at 350 for about 40 minutes. They just need to warm through since everything is already cooked. I take out about 5 minutes early and then cover the dish with grated cheese and put back in for the rest of the time.

I know it sounds a bit difficult, but if you have the chicken already deboned, it takes no time. I have also used cooked chicken breasts if you prefer that.

I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!

Just a thought...how come I will jump on this computer to post this recipe the minute a friend called to ask for it...but I won't share my faith even half that quickly?

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love that you are sharing recipes! Thanks for all the effort it takes to type all the ingredients and directions...I'm trying them this week!