Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jesus Loves Me!

When I was little, I sang Jesus Loves Me with the faith of a child. As I got older I stopped singing it since it was such a "kid song". When I had children, I sang it to them, still thinking it was a "kid song", but knowing that it was a song they needed to learn as part of our faith.

Now that I am older, I have changed my view on Jesus Loves Me. I think it is the most profound theological song I have ever heard. The simple message of Jesus loving me, the chief of sinners, is astounding and the fact that I don't have to know anything except that I know that Jesus loves me because the Bible says so...remarkable!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet song! Even sweeter coming from his little voice! Thanks for sharing this with us! I sing it to Ethan without 'really' listening to the words...you are right, the words are much more than just a kids song.

Jill said...

Love it!! That song is now stuck in my head, which isn't a bad thing at all!!! :)