Thursday, July 24, 2008

Water for Thirsty Ground

I have been wanting a friend here. God had given me two such wonderful, Godly, encouraging women friends in Little Rock, and I have been desiring that here too. I know full well that the caliber of friends I had (still have) in LR will not be met in this lifetime, but something close would be great.

So...yesterday my kids and I were invited to the pool by a woman I have known for a while, from afar really. She has four kids the same ages and genders of my younger four (cool, huh?). She is Godly, and has gone farther than anyone anywhere we have ever been to make me feel welcomed, loved, and wanted here. At the pool, while our kids played, we talked about so many things. What a joy! My heart smiled and I was content with the world.

Fast forward to today...Hurricane Dolly hit the Texas coast and so we have received the rain without the destruction up here in SA. It has been so dry here...burn bans on...brown grass, dying plants...ground screaming for water, something to help provide life to a dying ground.

I began thinking that yesterday at the pool, talking with Amy, that I was like that ground. Finally able to soak up some life from a fellow believer....seeing that God has, at least for now, heard my cry for water and has provided! Praise the Lamb!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you to find a friend with so much in common! God did hear your cries and He is always there for us! Thanks for the reminder. We are still praying for you guys!