Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He Is Willing to _____For Me!

I know...you'll say, "Two blogs fawning over Ben? Really? We need to keep hearing this?" You might not need to keep reading, but I need to keep saying it, for my own good and for Ben's encouragement. So...

Ben and I often joke about how he would be willing to die for me. I know he is not joking, he really means it, but how often is he called to die for me? So far, over 21 years, not once. But the real question is: is he willing to ____________for me. I can fill in the blank with whatever I want like change a diaper, do the dishes, clean something up, watch the kids, etc. You get the idea. I must say, that when it comes to this question, Ben fulfills it daily!

I wrote yesterday about how Ben takes the kids to the park most everyday, allowing me to stay home for an extended period by myself. Last night he did it again...we had rented videos that needed to be returned by 9pm or else we would owe money. I hate paying extra money for rented videos, don't you? Anyway, Ben got out of his warm, comfy chair at 8:45pm and found the movies, and without complaining, whining, mumbling under his breath, he went out and returned the videos. I know, you might think, "so? what's the big deal?" Well, Ben hates to get back out of the house once he is in and settled for the night. He sacrificed himself, giving up what he wanted to do, to follow the example of Christ and die to self....to love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her.

I am trying to catch up to Ben in answering that same question also. Am I willing to_______for Ben? I am sadly, woefully inept at not being selfish and actually thinking of others, but God has given me the perfect example in Ben!

3 comments:

Gregg Stutts said...

Lisa,
I love hearing you praise Ben.

Ben,
You're a good man.

--Gregg

Lisa said...

Gregg,

How do you know it wasn't me who actually wrote the original post? ;-)

- Ben D.

The Nelson Family said...

You guys are awesome. And what an example he is being for the boys and how they should love their wives and your girls on what hubbies should be. I'm so glad that you get that hour every day. What a huge, big, happy one hour, feet propped up sigh! That's awesome. Way to go Ben! Keep it up!