Saturday, February 14, 2009

Last night Ben and I were watching a movie in our bedroom. In comes Rainey (pretty obviously sleepwalking), walks to Ben's side of the bed and takes off his clothes, and then walks out to his room. I ask Ben to follow him to see what is happening. This is what I hear:

B: Rainey, buddy, what are you doin'?
B: Hey, Rainey, why are you in the closet? Go ahead and turn the closet light off.
B: No, Rainey, let's get out of the closet.
B: NO! NO! STOP!
B: Lisa! Rainey just used his closet as a toilet!

I was dying laughing as Ben, so wonderfully, cleaned up the mess, got Rainey to the real bathroom to see if he needed to finish anything, put his clothes back on and got him back in bed. What a guy!

This is most definitely a story to tell at the wedding reception!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh I feel for Rainey as you so loving retell this story in years to come!!! I have had my fair share of embarrassing stories retold to high school friends.

Esquire's Wife said...

I am sure it was not so funny right at the moment, but I was laughing so hard as I read this and pictured it happening, that I couldn't read it aloud to Alan! Thanks for the laughs!

The Nelson Family said...

How funny! Poor little guy. Well, I guess, poor Ben, for now and poor Rainey in 10-15 years!

Ashley S. said...

My brother did almost the exact same thing when he was little, except that it was in the cabinet below the sink in the bathroom instead of the closet. He did the funniest things when he was sleepwalking! Onfe of the best was the night that he walked into the living room where my mom and I were watching TV and he was dragging his comforter off of his bed with all of his stuffed animals on it down the hall. It was so funny! :)