Thursday, February 26, 2009

To Be a Friend

I read a quote from George Eliot this morning. It touched me greatly.

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

I have three people (Ben, Lisa A., Janie) in my life who are like this...they let me vent then know that I normally don't even mean most of what I am saying. They take the good things I say and seem to wipe their conscientiousness of the bad things I say. They are that kind of friend.

Am I that kind of friend back to them and others? I hope so!

Do you have such a friend? Are you such a friend?

No comments: