Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday School Class Fellowship #1

We made it over so very many hurdles to have our new Sunday school class' very first fellowship! What an accomplishment! We completed the Fireproof material this morning in class, so tonight we had a potluck and watched the Fireproof movie on the big screen. It was great! There were 32 people there, lots of wonderful food, and more laughs (and tears after the movie) to count.

The biggest obstacle was the childcare, and God certainly smoothed the way for that. There were 29 kids in childcare and all was well at the end of the evening. I am so proud of Ben for teaching the material so well and getting all of the arrangements taken care of for the fellowship. Hopefully this will be the first of many.

It reminded me of all our great fellowships in Little Rock. Same results: great food, great fun, and great childcare. Hopefully we can take some of the awesome fellowship ideas from LR and bring them here and continue the fun.

1 comment:

Gregg Stutts said...

Lisa,
The more I read your blog, the more my respect for Ben goes up (and it was high to begin with!). You're letting us see the side of Ben few people get to see, at least at first. Now if you tell me he also likes to secretly watch "Chocolat", I'm gonna jump out of my chair!

--Gregg