Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gingersnaps


I have had a couple of people ask me for my gingersnap recipe lately. I want to say that I received this recipe 21 years ago from my neighbor, Kris Tibbs. It is so delicious! I really hesitate to call them "snaps" because they are really more like "chews". Anyhow, here it is, enjoy!


You need:
2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 t. each of cinnamon, cloves, ginger
2 t. baking soda
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses


In one bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, soda. Set aside.

In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Then add the egg and molasses. Add the dry mixture just until mixed.

Roll into balls and dip them into sugar. (I use raw sugar, but granulated sugar works also.)

Bake for about 9-11 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

JANE4girls said...

Yummy, I will have to give this a try. Looks like I might have most of the stuff to make it.

Melissa said...

I'm going to try these! Thanks for sharing. These are great if you are coming down with a cold...can't wait to smell them coming from my oven!

Gregg Stutts said...

Try them. ANYTHING Lisa makes is delicious!

The Nelson Family said...

Those look so good! I bet they smell even better, too! I'll have to give it a try. THanks for the recipe.