Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Salt, More Flavor

I have been seeing a recurring theme in my life the past couple of days...salt. I like to make soups in winter and I end up always needing to add more salt to bring out the flavors of the ingredients within. I am amazed at the amount of salt it takes to make soup taste really yummy.

Then in my devotions this morning, I was reading about Lot's wife and how she looked back on her way out of town and was turned into a pillar of salt. There was a commentary that talked about the difference in a block of salt and granulated salt. The block is fairly useless whereas the granulated salt is useful for a variety of things, including bringing out the flavor.

Then I thought about how the Bible says that we ARE the salt the light...not that we can be, or we should be, or we might be, but we ARE!

So what you might say? I need to be saltier. I need to be what the Bible says I already am. I need to bring out the flavor and aroma of Jesus. I will be thinking more about this as the new year arrives and the slate is wiped clean, ready for me to take full advantage of the time God is giving me.

No comments: