Monday, January 26, 2009

My Quest...Update

I thought I would update you on my quest to lose a bit of weight. As of Saturday morning, I had lost 7.6 lbs. Though not visible to others, I am noticing a difference in my clothes. I have even been able to get back in to an item or two! So...my quest is successful so far.

Each morning, I get up fairly early and then go downstairs for my quiet time and then I get on the WiiFit. (The kids received a Wii from their aunt and uncle for Christmas.) I do the body test every other day. I must say that my first attempt at the body test had my WiiFit age at 53! But it has been going down steadily, until this morning it was 20! But, I must say that my Mii is quite a round thing. Sad to look at really. Though my weight is going down, it hasn't registered too much yet in how my Mii looks. When I get on WiiFit, I do two yoga exercises, two advanced step aerobics, and then two more yoga exercises. Then in the afternoon, I do 15 more minutes most days.

All in all, it has not been hard, and I can even say it has been kind of fun. We will see how the rest of the quest goes...but wanted to keep you posted on my efforts so far.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Don't you love it when you notice a difference in your clothes? I'm so proud of you!!! If you are noticing it in your clothes, I'm sure others are too! Way to go Lisa! Keep it up girl!

amy said...

YOU GO! That's wonderful. I can see how the wii fit would make it more fun to work out. Way to have that motivation in the mornings. Glad to hear it is paying off!! YEA!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Way to go! It always helps to stay motivated when you notice a difference in the way your clothes fit. The Wii Fit is a fun way to work out too! Keep up the good work!

Heltz said...

You sound like you are doing well. I need something fun like that to shed some very unwanted pounds :) Check out our blog and see the birthday fun :)