Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kablooey Cake

I have had a couple of people ask me for a recipe in the last few days, so I thought I'd post it for everyone. My friend, Julie, gave me this recipe and I have made it so often! In fact I just made it to take to Sunday School last week. It really ends up being quite a crowd pleaser.

Kablooey Cake
1 box of chocolate cake mix (baked according to directions)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar of caramel topping
chocolate syrup
1 bag of Heath Bar bits
1/2 tub Cool Whip (optional)
When the cake comes out of the oven, right away poke holes in it. I use a knife and make tons of marks all over the cake. Then pour the whole can of milk over the cake, followed by about 1/2 of the caramel topping, and the same amount of chocolate syrup. Spread the liquids evenly over the hot cake. Once cooled, use most of the bag (I use all of it if I don't use the Cool Whip) of Heath Bar to sprinkle over the whole cake. This is normally where I stop, but you can cover all of that with Cool Whip and then sprinkle a few Heath bits over the top as a decoration.
This is so simple to make and most everybody loves it! Bake it and enjoy!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yum, that sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!