Thursday, March 12, 2009

Waiting Game

Today is a day of waiting! I'm not so good at waiting. I don't like to wait, yet there is this air of surprise that comes with waiting...there is a hint of something possibly great about to happen. Today is that day.

We have been waiting for rain...it's raining today, so now I am waiting for it to stop raining.
We are waiting for my friend to get done with her speech/debate tournament to get over here to visit.
We are waiting for my kids to finish school so that we can do some fun stuff.
We are waiting to hear of the arrival of baby Jake!
We are waiting to see a great deal on Craigslist on a washer and dryer set.
We are waiting for Rawley to obey and make the day a bit easier.
Ultimately we are waiting for Jesus to return, waiting for Heaven, waiting for a new body (praise God!), waiting for no tears, waiting for no anxiety, waiting for no worry.

Some of these things I will still be waiting for tomorrow and the day after that. Some of these things I will find the answer to today! Praise God that He won't keep me waiting for all of these.

What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Jill said...

As you know, I obviously hate waiting as well...but I read something the other day that gave me a peace:

"Even periods of waiting need not be times of emptiness or inactivity. They can provide physical rest while we remain mentally and spiritually active. Such times can also provide us training or experience for what God has planned for our future."

I thought that was just perfect.